Hambini Titanium Racing BSA Bottom Bracket 30mm Long Axle
£421.00 Ex. VAT
This bottom bracket is designed to interface a 30mm Long Axle (90.5mm DBCA) with a bike frame that uses a BSA Bottom Bracket. It is made of Titanium
Out of stock
- Made from Titanium
- BSA 68mm Threaded (1.37 x 24TPI), Often referred to as English, BSC or ISO threading.
- The drive side has a Left Handed Thread, Non Drive Side has a Right Handed Thread
- 30mm Long Axle (90.5mm+ DBCA) compatible
- The drive and non-drive sides are aligned via an internal male/female sleeve
- Top of the range 6806 SKF/NTN/FAG/NSK bearings fitted as standard
- Non contacting Seals
- It is extremely important that any frame this BB is fitted to has a flat face (0.02mm) that is perpendicular to the threads. Diameter of 52mm
- Tightening Torque of 8Nm (BSA Bottom brackets will self-tighten)
- Fitting instructions are here,
- The fitting tool to install this is available here
This bottom bracket features the largest bearings of any commercially available unit for 30mm axles. They are standard 6806 bearings which have a load rating that is significantly higher than the 4030 bearings used by other manufacturers.
Contemporary frames from the likes of Specialized and Cannondale use threaded BSA bottom brackets. This Hambini Ti bottom bracket was designed to address a growing trend of fitting large-format axles (SRAM AXS/DUB and 30mm) into BSA shells. Large-format axles result in thin sidewalls in the threaded regions which cause undesirable bending and twisting. The reduction in cross-sectional area is offset in Hambini Ti Bottom brackets with the use of Titanium which is substantially stronger and stiffer than the aluminium alloys used by other manufacturers.
Q & A
yes they are